Friday, June 14, 2019

My First Post: How is This Possible?

Hey guys, I'm 16 weeks into my weight loss efforts. I'm 6'1 and started at 257 pounds. I began eating healthier, from ordering pizza / jimmy johns, or going to culvers every day, I started eating about 1700 calories a day. This was super easy, so I cut it to 1200 after a week, and after two weeks of that I've been eating between 750~1100 calories a day. Now, I'm sure a lot of you would be concerned about this, it's not enough food! I get that, but decided to keep doing it as long as I felt healthy and energized and didn't feel hungry all the time. I eat a daily supply of multivitamins and eat plenty of protein to help against potential issues.

Two weeks ago I hit 211 pounds, averaging about -3.6 pounds per week. I feel fine, and hardly feel hungry. Coffee helps.

Now here's the issue: I decided I wanted to stop going at this so hard at week 14, because of potential health issues that could arise. I decided to up my caloric intake to 1500 per day, figuring I'll still lose around 2 pounds a week, at least. After one day of this, I gained a full pound. I gained a full pound 4 days in a row, and now I gain about half a pound per day every day for 2 weeks. My question is how the hell is this possible? People told me as long as you are getting less than you need, it's impossible to gain weight (save for some day to day fluctuations), but I'm now consistently gaining weight while eating only 1500 calories per day, it's making me want to go back to 1000 but I want to see this through and see how long it will take to balance out, but I just don't get how the body can build fat and keep me energized and functioning on just 1500 calories a day. Can someone explain?

submitted by /u/Koda_20
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2KRL7in

No comments:

Post a Comment