Friday, June 14, 2019

Time to get back to work

Hey everyone,

I last posted in this sub about 3 months ago when after about a 3 month long plateau, I decided to take a break. I was driving myself insane trying to get the scale to budge with no success, so I needed to step away from it for a bit.

During my break, I’ve tracked calories some days, but not very often. And I went from weighing myself every day to once every week or 2, just to make sure I’m still maintaining and not gaining any weight back. It’s been nice to give my mind a some rest, but these past couple of weeks, I’ve been slowly slipping into bad habits. I’ve really been slacking when it comes to my workouts and sometimes I blow off the gym altogether. I’ve noticed myself eating for comfort or when I’m bored, which is exactly what put me at my starting weight in the first place.

This time last year, my weight loss and fitness journey was in full swing, and I was seeing consistent progress and positive changes in my body. I felt strong, empowered, healthy, and motivated... and I really miss it. So I’ve decided it’s time to get back to work and continue fighting the good fight.

I admit, I pretty afraid to get back into the swing of things. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I have a fear that I won’t be as good and dedicated as I was the first time around. I think a new physical challenge will help me jump back into things and restore my passion. I had a friend ask me if I’d like to join her in running a half marathon in October, and I’m genuinely considering it. Running in a marathon is something that I’ve dreamt of doing for years. I always thought I’d start off with a 5k, and half of me thinks it’s a crazy idea to consider starting with a half marathon. But the other half finds it exhilarating and makes me say “go big or go home.” I have quite a bit of research to do when it comes to running and training, but nevertheless, I’m excited to get things moving again!

submitted by /u/corksncoffee
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Xiwwmw

No comments:

Post a Comment