Sunday, June 9, 2019

A year later

I started my weight loss journey in August of 2018. I was at 290ish and I hated my body. I was also on medicine that makes you eat way too much. So I sat down with my doctor, who was a huge help and proponent of weight loss, and we reworked my medicine. Through some trial and error, we got my medication set up much better and more modern than the previous prescriptions. To date I've lost about 47 lbs, (I've lost some weight since the picture) and I have enjoyed a myriad of changes in health, eating habits, and just general stuff like clothes looking better on you and things of that nature.

I'm not the best at sticking to a workout regiment, but eating healthier and being more conscious of what I have been putting into my body made a world of difference. I did track my calories using myfitnesspal. Overall, I tried to be active more, and I also started working in retail so there's a lot of walking involved with that. I've lost a couple of pants sizes and an underwear size, as well as a few shirt sizes as well.

I don't have a body pic to show, because I didn't save them to the computer when I was about 290. I bought a new phone and traded the old one in. My weight loss may not be as drastic as someone else who really sticks to a hardcore regiment of exercise and healthy eating, but I'm still proud to say that I have lost practically 50 lbs.

Some advice to those who are still in the process of getting to the point where you decide to actively try to lose weight:

  • Not every day you'll see weight loss on the scale.
  • It really is a lifestyle change, gradually you'll work in time into your schedule for meal prep and exercise.
  • If you're gonna try, make sure that you put your best effort forward.

Here's a picture of the scale from when I first started and the other half was about 2 weeks ago. Proof!

Thanks for being here guys, this subreddit really helped me get motivated. I'm trying to lose 100 lbs so I'm practically half way there.

submitted by /u/ChromaLife
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2IwwkH1

No comments:

Post a Comment