Saturday, June 1, 2019

Anyone here who has reversed insulin resistance on a nonketogenic diet?

A ketogenic diet seems to be the recommendation for insulin-resistant people but I've tried Atkins before way back when I was a teenager and while it was indeed effective for weight loss, cutting out carbs entirely severely affected my satisfaction with life.

I know, carbs are really not good for people who have elevated blood sugar levels. They are probably what cause me to gain even more weight than I already do.

But giving up carbs is like giving up half my life away.

Hence the question. Is it possible for an insulin-resistant person to lower blood sugar to healthy levels without giving up carbs entirely?

submitted by /u/cassis-oolong
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2XjlCtK

No comments:

Post a Comment