Sunday, June 2, 2019

Boss is treating me differently because of my weight

I work at an overnight summer camp and have started training this week. I’m a outdoor adventure counselor which is pretty much rock wall climbing with the addition of zip lines and vertical play pens. I’ve been doing this for about 6 years now and have always been a hard worker. I don’t brag about it but I’m silently confident in my skill. This is my first year at this camp and my boss is a middle aged man and the rest of the staff is pretty much all college aged kids. Early on in training I recognized that he was treating my differently than all the other girls working there. It’s not like I was the only new girl. At one point he took aside a new girl and told her she was picking things up faster than any other new people and so he would give her extra responsibilities. She has never done this before. I know this might sound unnecessarily jealous but he kept giving me a cold shoulder and treating everyone else better than me. After noticing this I attempted to be more friendly to him and vocalize that I like a job environment with a lot of responsibility. It was obvious he did not listen to me or even try to reciprocate the friendly outreach as he had with others. I am almost 200 pounds and have been really working on my weight recently but I can’t help but realize every other girl there is pretty thin and got a lot more attention from him than me. Maybe I did something that made him dislike me but I was also trying my best to make a good impression. It really could be my insecurities about my weight talking but I can’t help but feel that the only difference between me and the other girls is our weight. I’ve worked so hard to love myself and accept the weight loss journey I am on with a positive mindset. I don’t know how to handle a boss who possibly made his impression of me based on my weight. Side Note: I also overheard him talking about a new staff member with “not much going on up there” with another staff member so I cannot say it is past him to judge new staff.

submitted by /u/HecatesPen
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/314imEI

No comments:

Post a Comment