Saturday, June 22, 2019

Day 1 of my weight loss journey?

19/F 158cm CW:55kg GW:48-50kg (which would be a BMI of 19.2-20)

I'm new to reddit and not sure how it works really but I guess using this to keep myself on track on my weight loss journey would be hopefully be useful.

I know I'm not necessarily fat but having grown up in a community saturated with lots of asians who are almost all skinny and lean (not generalising or stereotyping, just my personal experience), I've been self conscious of my weight since a young age. My social circle has always been filled with both girls and boys who were taller and yet both skinnier and lighter than me. My family is also on the tall and skinny side. I've always felt uncomfortable in my own skin and always felt varying degrees of self-hatred depending on my weight (I used to fluctuate back and forth from 48-52kg in a matter of weeks when i was 15-17 years old). In an effort to reach a weight I'm happy with, tone up my body, and boost my mood (I'm diagnosed with Double Depression, which is Dysthymia and Major Depressive Disorder), around last year I starting going to the gym, mostly using free weights to do lower body exercises as advised by my ex-personal trainer. I went into the training at 50kg and in a couple months' time ended up at 52kg, having not lost any fat but instead having gained muscle mass and somewhat increasing the size of my legs (which I'm awful self conscious of but hey at least I have a pretty neat butt now). Since the end of last year till now (a little over half a year) I'd been maintaining my weight of 52kg even after moving overseas for my university studies. However, this past month, after having returned home for my term break, I realised I started getting chubbier. This chubbiness was especially noticeable in my tummy, thighs and face (how nice). I had been hoping that it was simply hardcore fluid retention because I tend to retain fluid and bloat quite easily but it's been nearing a month and the puffiness just isn't showing any signs of decreasing. As of late I've been in the holiday mood so I have to admit I haven't been exercising or eating as healthily as I should (hey, hindsight is always 20/20) and now I'm ringin' the alarm bells cause issa code red guys!!

But anyway I digress... I'm planning to go back to my slight calorie deficit diet of maintaining 1400cals a day and exercising 2-3 times a week, doing free weights exercises (alternating upper body, core, and lower body each session), followed by a 15min jog on the treadmill. I would really appreciate any feedback on my plan from you kind redditors and maybe advice on how to reduce mass in my calves, and exercises to strengthen my core?

Wish me luck! :-)

Also I'm sorry if my post is incoherent gibberish it's my first time making a post, I usually just lurk on threads...

submitted by /u/smowol
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2LaeSek

No comments:

Post a Comment