Saturday, June 22, 2019

How to set a goal weight

I've lost weight before, going from 250lbs to 198lbs at my lowest. Unfortunately at that point I started a new corporate law job and between working 100+ hours a week and dealing with the incredible stress of work and some shit in my personal life, I rapidly fell into old habits and gained it all back and more. I've been out of the terrible job for just over a year now and about three weeks ago started to seriously focus on losing weight again. I've lost just over 5lbs so far and I'm already feeling the benefits, which is really exciting!

Something I'm struggling with is setting a goal weight. I'm just over 5' 6" tall, and I googled 'ideal weight for 5' 6" woman' but it just seems very unrealistic that I would ever get down to that weight (117 - 143 lbs). I know that instead of getting overwhelmed by the long term nature of losing weight I need to focus on each pound and take it as a victory, but I also feel like I need to have something concrete to aim for, even if it's a long way off and there are other, smaller goals in the interim (for example, I have a trip to Madrid coming up at the end of September and I would love to fit comfortably into sundresses that are a size smaller than what I currently wear).

I guess I am just looking for insight from anyone who has set a weight loss goal for themselves on how you did it and what factors you considered?

Thanks guys :)

submitted by /u/oneeyeofhorus
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2IzWGsW

No comments:

Post a Comment