Saturday, June 22, 2019

Too depressed to even try, but I want to

I’ve read so many posts on here where people have helped each other and I’m hoping some of your collective wisdom will sink in to my hard head. I’m late 40’s woman and am obese. I have been saying I’ll get started for ever it seems but I don’t. Today I’m filled with anger at myself.

The first time I remember thinking about my weight was 2nd grade. I’d learned the word “dainty” and I knew I wasn’t and never would be. I’ve always been tall. I spent my life dieting. Hell, by the time I graduated high school I’d joined a weight loss group 4 times. (I think my total times is now 12). It works when I do it but I don’t always stick with it. Now I’m at least 100 pounds past a healthy weight and I’ve spent 18 years trying off and on to lose it. The most I’ve lost is 80 and then gained it all back.

I sat down yesterday to try to plan some meals and just remembered why it never works. I get overwhelmed and I’m lazy. I say I want to work out but I never do. Doc tells me to walk but I need surgery on my foot and it hurts to walk. I could swim but getting in a bathing suit terrifies me.

My parents have arthritis and I know I will too. I need to get healthy so I won’t have impaired mobility like they do but I’m just so tired and depressed and mad I never get started. I’m an all or nothing type of person and I hate that I won’t just do 15 min a day. I think “that’s not good enough” so I do nothing. I know I should just start small but I don’t.

So how do you start?

submitted by /u/sotiredofthis11
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2N6wCdf

No comments:

Post a Comment