Saturday, June 22, 2019

Sharing my 13kg (28lbs) weight loss story

So I want to start out with saying, that I've been overweight pretty much most of my life, I'm around 172cm (around 5'8) and was mostly 78-83kg (~171-180lbs; with a moderate amount of muscle) throughout my teenage years (turned 20 last month). However, I always thought it was in a spectrum where it was not as much of an issue.

That changed around three months ago, I had put on around 10kg (~22lbs) in my last exam phase due to eating out/junk a lot. I deliberately didn't weigh myself during that time because I knew that I had put on a few extra kgs. Before this, I was around 82kg (~180lbs), and when I finally brought myself to weigh in I was at 91.6kg (~202lbs).

This was the moment for me because I couldn't believe that I was this heavy at (19/20 years old). So the following day I made a commitment to myself to go to the gym at least 3 times/week (with a 10-15min cardio session afterward) and limit my calorie intake to ~1500kcal/day (kept my protein high, moderate fats and filled rest with carbs). I did that for around 2 months and got good results with this route but I wanted to include conditioning into my workouts as well.

My goal was/is to run 12km in ~1h, which obviously isn't possible without proper training and so I decided to keep my 3x/week gym sessions (focusing on heavy compounds) with the 10-15 cardio at the end. But this time I'm adding 2-3 days with pure jogging/running while upping my calories to ~1.8k/day to ensure proper nutrition for this training frequency.

I'm currently at around 78kg (~171lbs) and I'm pretty happy with my progress so far and hope to come even further the following few months! Here are the progress pictures.

submitted by /u/KeenShu
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Xs1U2e

No comments:

Post a Comment