Saturday, June 22, 2019

For those who have reduced knee pain through weight loss - how much did you have to lose to feel benefits?

I've had occasional knee pain my entire life, which I've always attributed to having grown up as an obese child and not losing the weight or even really exercising until around the age of 22 (currently 29.) It's gotten worse over the past few months, and is now triggered by running, and by sitting down for too long. My weight's crept up over the past few years, and I know "lose weight" is the common response to knee pain, so I've lost ten pounds, but it hasn't helped. I'd like to lose another ten before going to a PT... but am I being unrealistic? Has a 20 lb weight loss helped anyone in this regard? Or should I just go now?

submitted by /u/FreehandBirdlime
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2XpV2m1

No comments:

Post a Comment