Saturday, June 1, 2019

Family doesn’t understand calorie counting

I track my calories pretty much every day, I have ever since I lost around 28 pounds in the summer of 2017. I tracked pretty loosely until now as I was maintaining, now I’m looking to cut some fat so I’m doing tracking closely again.

I’m home for the summer and my dad just doesn’t get calorie counting. He is a great cook but he uses a ton of oil, which can really add up as we know. I love my dad but He never calorie counts and snacks, drinks, a lot.

Today he was making us butter chicken and he immediately threw a ton of oil onto a pan. I was like “hey I’ll make my own chicken in a separate pan” and he flipped out, being like “you’re getting crazy with this this isn’t sustainable”. He said it’s olive oil so it’s healthy. I just wish he understood that tracking calories is really the only surefire weight loss plan and he would be more accommodating to my lifestyle. I just offered to use another pan with way less oil, I didn’t say I didn’t want the dish.

So how do you deal with unsupportive relatives??

submitted by /u/ScorpionHitta
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/312YCBB

No comments:

Post a Comment