Friday, June 7, 2019

Find just one change you can commit to.

I’ve been falling a bit off the wagon lately, no way around it. I was broken up with by my live-in boyfriend, I went on an international trip for almost two weeks and ate to my heart’s content, and later I met someone new so lots of dinner dates. It has been two months of lack of commitment after four months of kicking butt.

However, I was able to stick to my ONE major commitment. I gave up fast food on January 1.

I have been so incredibly proud of that one change that I did not back down on it. Yes, I was eating Ben’s Cookies in London and being wined and dined on my exciting new dates.

But I did not eat fast food.

Have I made progress in the last two months? No, not as far as weight loss. But I looked at my weight the day of that very first date (before the trip), and as of my last weigh-in... I am exactly the same weight down to the fraction of the pound.

I could have spiraled out of control, I could have returned to the way I was before. I could have started eating fast food my old 7+ times a week (almost always a minimum of once a day). I could easily in two months have gained.

But I made one major lifestyle change and stuck to it.

Yesterday I checked this sub again for the first time in months, and yesterday I accurately logged in MFP again. I’m getting back on the horse and pushing back toward my goals. I know there will be more setbacks and challenges (have a cruise coming up in a few weeks), but I know I can do this.

And to you, someone else maybe who is having a hard time. I urge you to find that one change you can stick with through the craziness and unpredictability we call life. It helped me beyond belief.

submitted by /u/saysomethingcrazy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/31cqyCV

No comments:

Post a Comment