Friday, June 7, 2019

Losing it... mentally and physically

Good day/morning. First time post. So I've (m) struggled with weight for 22 years. That working against me and my wife and daughter were hospitalized in November for suicidal thoughts, I finally peaked at 245 in March and that's when I was diagnosed with depression and PTSD.

Fast forward to March 2019...

My wife suggested I go see her psychiatrist because of my state of health. He put me on depression meds and since I was pre-diabetic, he also put me on Metformin. He said it is to help bring my blood sugar levels back down, and a side effect of the medication was weight loss.

I read up on it and the statistics were low for people actually losing weight while taking the medication, so I figured it wouldn't work for me.

I'm surprised at how much I've actually lost! As of today, I have lost 21 pounds, mentally I'm feeling a complete turn around and my PTSD has been muted! I feel like I am finally getting better all around!

I'm not saying that Metformin is a miracle drug, I know other people who are on the same dose as I am and it's not working. I do think that there is a connection with depression and weight. Well, it's been proven.

So this is not just a post of my success, but one to help others who may be dealing with mental health problems who are not being treated correctly, or at all.

Talk to your doctor if you feel depression is a factor in your life. I'm available to chat with if you'd like. Depression is a serious, debilitating condition that, if gone untreated, can lead to so many other health problems.

Good luck!

submitted by /u/bigdaddy1266
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2ZiqD6t

No comments:

Post a Comment