Sunday, June 23, 2019

For those with a crappy relationship with food: Did you read/educate yourself out of it during weight loss, or detach yourself?

Sorry if the question is worded oddly it’s difficult to explain what I’m trying to say.

Last year I lost weight and went from 265+lbs to 207lbs, at 5ft 3. I’m now back to 260lbs.

And I’m more than willing to admit that my weight loss was not healthy all the time. My GP gave me fat burning pills which I quickly discarded. I trained with a PT which became my healthiest but most difficult time. In the ~6 weeks before my big holiday I became very obsessed and unhealthy.

I would wake up, weigh myself, and if I hadn’t lost I’d just get back into bed and sleep until 2/3pm and get up when I’d lost, even if I kept waking up hungry. I’d try to deprive myself and survive on as little as possible.

I’m now trying to pick myself back up, 1 year on, dust myself off and sort my head out.

So, with a bad relationship with food, what did you do? Did you read the books advised, keep a diary of feelings, read inspirational blogs?? Or did you just detach yourself and focus on the fact it’s basic math and food is fuel?

I’m 21. I’ve had a bad relationship with food from even 8/9 when I had to feed myself at home. I recognise it’s an issue but I don’t know how best to overcome it and I’d like advice.

submitted by /u/JElaris
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Y6bYuZ

No comments:

Post a Comment