Friday, June 7, 2019

How so you find motivation & thin(er than them) shaming is a thing.

I've had a few day ones. I'm now the heaviest I've ever been and not able to muster the usual motivation and self-discipline I normally have when I'm ready to make a positive change. I'm 43 and just to that point where I'm tired of fighting uphill for the health I should have. It's hard to find encouragement when you are back at the starting line again.

The stats: F/age 43, 5' 1" tall and at a 35 BMI-- 55 lbs overweight. I'm heavier than I have ever been, including pregnancies. I'd love to be at 130 or 140, though numbers aren't really my biggest goal. I want to slim down, feel better and be able to move and wear my clothes again. I am gluten sensitive, have some minor issues with dairy and no longer have a gallbladder. All of which make dieting more depressing to approach when looking to limit EVEN MORE foods. I'm not looking for diet advise. I have done extensive research over the years and ridden a few different versions of this carousel. I've lost some weight several times, though never as far as my goal. I know what I should and should not be doing. I just want to know where everyone goes for encouragement when they are in that rut.

Something that I also find hurtful is the fact that people who are larger than me do not tend to be very supportive. I feel like I have to be careful not to mention dieting or weight loss or my struggle to those who have a longer road than me because they respond with guarded hostility. Any mention of these issues are usually met with comments like: "You aren't fat" or "Are you kidding? Look at me!" or "you are tiny!" 1.) I don't use the F word about my weight, this is just to illustrate the tone of response. 2.) I am NOT small (for me.) 55 lbs over and a 35 BMI is NOT healthy according to the medical industry. 3.) If one is finding their health, comfort and lifestyle compromised by their weight, then people shouldn't be negative when they express a need for support, regardless of if I happen to have a bit less to go than them. Has anyone else run into this? It makes it hard to find support, which is a double whammy because I am a self-sufficient person who has trouble asking for help in the first place. Very discouraging.

What motivates you the best? Where do you find encouragement when you don't have any for yourself this time? Who do you find a great source of positive support and unbiased encouragement?

TL;DR: Where/from whom do you find encouragement and heartfelt motivation when you're in a rut AND people can be jerks to those smaller than them, too.

submitted by /u/LavenderLady75
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2QT61id

No comments:

Post a Comment