Tuesday, June 4, 2019

How to Up Daily Calorie Intake Without Guilt?

Howdy y'all!

This is my first post in this community but first, I would like to start off by thanking everyone for the inspiration and showing me where to start just through my lurking of threads and comment sections. CICO has worked fabulously for me!

I am a 23 year old male, 211 pounds, 6'0 tall. My weight-loss journey started the week before Easter, seven weeks ago, after I realized I was at or near my heaviest weight in my life at 234 pounds. I have managed to lose 23 pounds in the past seven weeks, something that I am quite happy with (though I'm sure at least a few to several pounds is water weight!) and am already seeing positive health results from changing my lifestyle. I have a rather large build and if I had to guess, my happy medium and weight loss goal would probably be to get to 175 or 180. I am almost half way there!

However, I realize that three pounds a week is not a sustainable weight loss regimen or something that I want to keep up as slower weight loss is associated with keeping the weight off and I recall from a couple years ago that my gallbladder may have a bit of sludge or small stones in it, and I understand continuous drastic weight loss would be a risk factor for developing further issues. As such I would more like to aim for 1.5-2 pounds of weight loss a week while working a pretty active job as a park attendant. As such I have been trying to raise my daily caloric intake from 1500 to 1750 or 2,000. I can certainly eat that many calories (hunger is no issue here, ha!) but I find myself getting paranoid or feeling guilty for upping my count.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on avoiding the guilt or getting into the correct mindset so I don't feel this guilt or like I'm reversing progress as I know my current mindset is quite toxic and could lead to issues or eating disorder down the line, and I certainly do not want such a thing!

submitted by /u/AspiringMES
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Z58t7X

No comments:

Post a Comment