Wednesday, June 5, 2019

I feel accountability here. I like it.

There is truly something amazing about this sub. I know I haven't formed a particular bond or friendship with anyone from the sub but just signing up on the 30 day accountability and saying "Here's my goal, and I am going to do it!" and seeing people post alongside you makes me feel that I am being held accountable.

Like when I'm about to try and binge or skip my stretch, or default to my lay about attitude, I see a bunch of usernames with stick figure bodies (varying boldness of lines mind you :P ) waving their fingers at me.

Today I was going to sit on my computer all day, but I sorted out my finances, spent time with my dog, and prepared my meals. Let me tell you all something.

The procrastinating I have been prone to doing caused me so much stress. It's so much easier to get your shit done in however long and not have to worry about it for the day, week, month, or forseeable future. I would put things off like no one's business. Daily posting on this thread reminds me of what I am doing too.

I made a goal to lose 10 LBS this month. I've eaten well for 3 days now. I'm almost in tears because I've never had a streak. I eat well, have a cookie the same day, but it's okay because I ate well all day mentality. I am realising a lot about myself and my previous attempts at weight loss because this time it just feels different. No more "I want to lose weight." It's now "I need to lose weight."

I felt VERY SICK switching my diet cold turkey. Today was strange. I wasn't hungry at all, barely drank water. Now I'm finishing dinner and my stomach feels fine. I don't know why I didn't feel hungry even though I was supposed to eat. I also didn't feel full mind you.

I'm happy and I celebrated by treating myself to a video game. I played a few round of a game with my friend. I didn't use food and it was rewarding. I'll be celebrating again at day 21, and day 30, and day 365 :D

Out of all the change, the accountability feels like the biggest thing. The support. The reading of eveyone's post who have similar struggles.

I feel accountable, and supported and it's nice. So thank you all.

TLDR: I like the community.

submitted by /u/Oxbowtimothyhay
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2WrALfY

No comments:

Post a Comment