Wednesday, June 5, 2019

NSV - Went dress shirt shopping for prom, found out extra slim shirts were the only shirts that fit me, as well as finding out that people I know from grade 8 literally think I am a different person!

Prom is going to mark the 2nd summer I have ever been a healthy weight.

I started my weight loss at the beginning of last year, at 270 pounds. Through intermittent fasting, CICO and getting my walking game strong I now sit at a solid 185~ pounds.

I started with intermittent fasting to get my eating habits under control to move on from me constantly stuffing my face and eating as an activity, not for sustenance. I moved to CICO after I felt I had developed stable eating habits and shifted myself away from that. I integrated the walking into my routine during may of last year and resolved to not buy a bus pass for myself, and to walk the 10km collectively to and from my school/work.

I had to get my prom suit custom made (thank fuck for indochino, tbh) because I am 6'4" and pretty skinny now, which didn't help my dress shirt struggles. I had to jump from store to sore, because a lot of stores cater to big and tall people, not just tall. The lady working at the store I bought my shirts from had a bit of a hard time because of how slim I am now! There was also her saying that I have the smallest shoulders she has seen in a while, lol.

Timeline, for those interested. Christmas 2016 on the right, about 16~ years old, vs. me right before I got my scholarship, 18 years old. Didn't realize how much hair I have now, even if it's a little insane!

All of this combined, as well as the fact that I don't go to the main high school here (I go to a weird alternative high school, but not for problem students if that makes any sense) but people that I knew but haven't seen or talked to in Grade 8 literally thought or think I was a different person. A girl I used to work with knew current me, and knew of me when I was a chubby 13-14 year old who did cringy yoyo tricks for a talent show in grade 8, didn't realize the two were the same people. She literally said "That was you? That was really you? I don't believe it." which seemed to be a common sentiment with people.

It's so weird saying this, but I never thought being forgotten and/or mistaken for someone else would feel so good.

Also, apologies if this is a tad all over the place. Just excited.

submitted by /u/KellieRSH
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2wDBD1I

No comments:

Post a Comment