Thursday, June 6, 2019

I finally made it to my goal weight

It probably isn’t as impressive as some of the posts here, but I finally made it down to my goal weight of 130 lbs. I’m a 5’7”, 38 year old guy. I started being concerned about my weight when I passed 140 lbs. My highest weight was around 147 lbs, and the last time I was under 130 was back in early 2016. I got on a fitness kick last year (mostly biking and gym) combined with intermittent fasting (16/8) and lost about half the weight. Then I hit a plateau. In March, I started taking measures to correct my insomnia and as a byproduct of that, the rest of the weight started to come off.

I’m guessing the largest item that helped is only eating soup after 6:00pm. It may sound odd, but this was a recommendation to help with my sleep. It keeps me from snacking at night and many soups are lower in calories than other items I would have been eating. Being on a more regulated sleep schedule also helps me regulate my diet (and many other aspects of my life). I also ditched the intermittent fasting when correcting my sleep, which unexpectedly coincided with the rest of my weight loss.

So, my goal now is to stay under 130 at minimum, but hopefully I can shed another 5 pounds or so.

submitted by /u/AllOutOfMP
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2WthtqR

No comments:

Post a Comment