Thursday, June 6, 2019

I have a goal I’m working towards and that means getting my health back together after falling off of the wagon for about a year and a half! [5’8”, 237lbs, 28 years old]

So my girlfriend and I are going to Canada in November for our anniversary/my birthday and I feel terrible in my own skin!

A little back story for you all...I’ve been over weight my whole life and can lost weight, but then I gain it all back again. I’m a serial yo-yo dieter and it sucks because I know it’s terrible for my body. However, I have a history of eating disorders. Back in college I got diagnosed with EDNOS after losing about 80lbs in 2 months. I ate very little and then “purged” by spending about 4 hours in the gym and refusing to drive anywhere because I could walk. Then I went to the other end of the eating disorder spectrum and started binge eating and not purging. I ballooned up to the 240s.

In 2017 I decided THIS IS IT and wanted to lose weight the health and slow way. And it worked. I lost about 45lbs in 4 months. I felt amazing. I was around 195lbs and had so much energy, my skin was clear, and I just felt like me again.

Fast forward to 2018 and I got depressed. No reason, just an unfortunate chemical imbalance that I’m cursed with and have been for years. But it got pretty bad and I gained all of the weight back from overeating and not working out. Today I weighed in at 237lbs and it is the restart of my weight loss journey. I’ve been a vegetarian for about 6 months and plan on becoming vegan. This brings new challenges as I’ve never tried losing weight as a vegan. I’m used to eating dairy like yogurt and a bit of cheese when losing weight so wish me luck on this new journey!

TL:DR Tired if yo-yo dieting. Lost 45lbs and got under 200lbs in 2017 but gained it all back. Starting over today but as a vegetarian looking to become vegan.

submitted by /u/elizabeth_clairex
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2ZchaO4

No comments:

Post a Comment