Thursday, June 13, 2019

I just don't know how to get back in the headspace I used to be in

2 1/2 years ago, I lost 40 lbs. I was feeling amazing - jogging a few miles a few times a week, eating a good plant-based diet, not overeating, and generally in a great mental head space.

2 years ago, I had a lot of life changes. My weight loss stalled, but I was sustaining a fairly healthy lifestyle. My diet was decent and mentally I was okay.

In August 2018, shit sort of hit the fan. I was in an LDR, my longtime best friend stabbed me in the back, I lost family members, began seriously struggling with money, and just had a series of really shitty luck. Over that time, I gained back 15 of the 40, went back up a dress/pant size or two, and completely lost track of my mental sanity.

Since the beginning on this year, I've been slowly on the mend with my mental health. I've been reunited with my S/O and I finally cut out that best friend. Work is stressful and I'm stressed about paying for school this upcoming semester, but I know I have options if I need them.

Still, I can't shake some of these feelings that have crawled back into my brain again. The mirror and the scale are something I try to avoid. I feel ugly and fat and gross.

I'm sick of feeling like this again. I'm sick of having a big plastic tub full of clothes that I can't wear anymore. I'm sick of feeling like every time I push aside time for my health and fitness, it ends up biting me in the ass because some other responsibility builds up and then stresses me out.

Part of this is just a way to vent, I guess. But, has anyone been in my shoes? Any advice for balancing work, life, and health? Or just generally pushing yourself through the hump and getting back into some groove of prioritizing health and physical fitness?

submitted by /u/lemoleschwab
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2WFNKpQ

No comments:

Post a Comment