Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Just looking for advice because someone told me I’m eating too less and now I’m second guessing myself.

Hi everyone! I’ve been lurking for a long time and this sub has helped me so much with my weight loss journey. I’ve been overweight since I graduated from university due to stress, eating when bored and moving and other issues, so I’m slowly trying to cut it down now.

I’m an impulsive eater, and I keep picking on food all day, so eating 5 smallish meals a day didn’t work for me and it aggravated my issues with over eating. After much trial and error, I’ve landed on what I consider is my sweet spot and is working for me. I have a protein shake every morning before gym (I lift weight 4-5 times a week), and I cook and eat a big meal for dinner. That’s it. I don’t count calories because it didn’t work for me as I got obsessed with the number and I also ate crap food like chips and donuts and just tried to make it ‘fit in’ all the time. I just cook healthy meals for dinner and eat as much as I’m happy with and leave it at that. I’m not hungry or tired or anything, and this actually helped me get over my obsession with food and what to eat next, as I just plan out my weekly meals before grocery shopping. And I also don’t stress out over dinners if I ever go out this way because I know I’ve been healthy, so I don’t mind indulging every 1-2 months. It’s helped me curb my obsessive thoughts and I’ve lost 10 pounds this way over two months.

One of my friends who I was hanging out with noticed and said I looked very frail. I told her I’ve been losing weight. She wanted to know what I’m doing, and when I told her she was outraged. She spoke to my family and other friends and told them about my ‘eating disorder’, and now everyone is saying I’m eating too less? I don’t know, I just did what I feel works best for me. Even my periods are on sync and are fine (sorry for TMI but I thought it was important because they were irregular before).

I’m actually sitting at a BMI of 27 and a body fat percentage of 32%, so even though I’m ‘frail’ according to her, I have long ways to go. So just looking for advice to see if what I’m doing is wrong? I don’t include cardio because I always go for hiking or outdoor activities on the weekends. Any advice on if what I’m doing is wrong, how I can change it up? Thank you!

submitted by /u/shangelahalelu
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Kg4kL0

No comments:

Post a Comment