Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Mind over Body

First Reddit post ever. I’m usually just a lurker lol

NSV for Global Running Day

I upped my treadmill game in the last couple of weeks to begin jogging. I have always been in the mind frame of “my body can’t run”. My trainer told me to try the interval setting on the treadmill, setting a recovery walk and a slow jog. (I did 3mph for the walk and 4.3mph for my jog). I was pleasantly surprised when I didn’t pass out after the first 30 sec jog interval and I’ve been stoked to find out that my body will let me jog for a full minute interval before it gets tired. Today I was able to do full one minute intervals of jogging with one minute recovery for 25 mins. That is the longest this body has ever jogged - ever. I swear it’s a mind game... I had to keep telling myself “yes, this body CAN run”, and I did it. I am going to continue to practice intervals and try to add a little more each day. I eventually want to work up to a 5K. Mind over body.

My weight loss journey continues.

submitted by /u/Nisey08
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2ESpoCY

No comments:

Post a Comment