Saturday, June 15, 2019

My Weight Loss in a Series of Graphs

You can find the graphs right here: https://imgur.com/a/pa9qoyC

I graphed out my weight loss and applied a number of different rolling averages. You can see them all put together in the final graph (although it's very hard to read which is why I split them up).

Some things I learned from this:

  1. When I fall off the wagon, it seems like it's usually for a length of 2-3 months.

  2. When I fall off the wagon, it's not as bad as my good times are good.

  3. I have difficulties in winter and tend to do very well in fall.

  4. It's important to look at the weight loss numbers from a wider context. I may feel like a failure sometimes, but my 365 day rolling average has never gone up!

  5. I really have come a long way. I'm 75% of the way towards my goal, and I've never felt better.

If I had to choose one rolling average to look at, I would choose the 30 day rolling average. It can both account for swings but also keep a broader picture in mind. The prettiest graph is definitely the 60 day rolling average one though.

If anyone else has a long history of weight measurements lying around somewhere, I really encourage trying this out. It can let you know where you're messing up and give you a broader look at how far you've come.

submitted by /u/MountainBrookTrout
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2WKZjvQ

No comments:

Post a Comment