Thursday, June 13, 2019

Small Attitude Changes make Big Differences

I eat when I’m hungry, not when I feel like it.

I stop eating when I’m full. I’ve retrained my eyes to match my stomach, instead of forcing myself to finish my portions. Throwing away food isn’t a crime.

I don’t have to exercise, I get to exercise. Not everyone has the time and resources.

The pain of muscle recovery and ‘the burn’ of exercise is better than the restless pain in my joints and muscles when I stay still for too long.

My looser skin is better than feeling trapped in an ocean of fat. My stretch marks are reminders of how far I’ve come.

Dieting and being active are not a means to an end. They are the end.

Integrating activity into my lifestyle doesn’t need to be a cold-turkey, hard switch. Jumping jacks and squats work just as well in front of the TV. Walking my dog is a great way to improve both our lives. Dancing and enjoying my body is self love.

Watching what I eat and being mindful of my intake is self-care. If I know I’m going to a big BBQ at 5, I’ll have a small smoothie for breakfast and a small salad or snack for lunch. It makes the treat more enjoyable knowing I’m not stepping out of my caloric limits.

When I step on the scale and see a smaller number than before, I allow myself to rejoice & congratulate myself for taking control of my life. When I see the same number or a bigger number, I don’t beat myself up. Fluctuation is real and weight loss isn’t a straight line. If I gain 20 pounds because I dropped my good habits for a while, I can still get back on the horse and be healthy.

.....

I feel better. My back doesn’t ache as much, I am sleeping better and daily I notice little differences and celebrate them. Even if it’s not a scale victory, let yourself enjoy it. Are your rings a little looser? Did your double chin get a little less noticeable? Does that pair of jeans feel a bit more comfortable? Then you’re succeeding. It’s so easy to get bogged down with the way things are, and not be able to see you can change the way things are. Thanks to everyone in this wonderful community for your stories and support, you’ve really turned my attitude around and I think this is the #1 change that will make a difference.

submitted by /u/canyonfarts
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2XDZaM1

No comments:

Post a Comment