Saturday, June 1, 2019

Sticking with the long haul, losing weight longer than a year

I'm losing steadily through very sustainable CICO. It's going to take about 15 more months to reach my goal. I'm celebrating the small milestones on the way, but what other things help with impatience?

Previous attempts at weight loss have petered out from boredom, or feeling like I have the hang of it and could just "eat when I'm hungry", or letting one or two bad days derail me. I am pretty sure I have a handle on most of the things that stopped me from sticking with a plan until I get to my goal weight.

The one exception is just being done with tracking. So suggestions?

What worked for you in staying the course? What sounds good even if it didn't suit you? What was so weird you mocked it immediately, but probably isn't actually dangerous?

The other thing that I feel might hinder me is the feeling that because I failed before I can't. That one I know is silly, but it does give this feeling like it's inevitable to fall apart eventually.

submitted by /u/re_nonsequiturs
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2XkjEZX

No comments:

Post a Comment