Friday, June 7, 2019

Struggling to accept I'm a new, smaller, dress size.

I started my weight loss journey size UK 14 (EUR 42/US 10). I quickly moved down to a size 12 and started being able to fit into some size 10s before an injury flare up resulted in gaining some (most) of the weight back, putting me solidly at a size 12. I've recently starting losing weight again and I'm approaching the point where I'll to be able to fit into size 10 clothing again.

But even when I was able to comfortably fit into size 10 and now size 10 almost, but not quite fitting and my measurements matching size 10 on sizing charts, I still feel like I can't possibly be that size.

I see people (both in real life and online) who are size 10s and they all look way skinnier than I am. And then I see people who wear bigger clothing sizes who look to be more like my size. And I feel like all the size 10s I've fitted into (including the size 10s I bought the first time round and continued to wear) can't actually be size 10s and they're just vanity sized.

Does/has anyone felt like this, like they've somehow cheated their way into fitting into a smaller size? Or they're lying to themselves about what constitutes clothing fitting? How did you manage to convince/persuade yourself that you are actually that size?

(I didn't have this issue with being a size 12, just with being a size 10.)

submitted by /u/randomnessdoubled
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Zgtm0i

No comments:

Post a Comment