Saturday, June 15, 2019

Stuck with the last 10 pounds!

This is my first ever post, though I've been lurking for quite a while.

I am a 25 year old female, I currently weigh 125lbs and I am 5'3.5. I am a vegetarian for non weight loss related reasons. I rock climb and train 3 times a week. I work as an elementary school teacher. My goal weight right now is around 115lbs, although I'm more going with how my body looks, so that could change.

I know that I am not extremely over weight, but I definitely have some extra going on. I know that CICO is the only way to lose weight - but I have a history of professionally diagnosed OCD and a disordered relationship with food which I have mostly overcome with time and therapy, so I am scared to really strictly start tracking calories. However, I do use measuring cups and a food scale for calorically dense foods when cooking to make sure I am not being stupid with portion sizes and I would say I am calories conscious, thinking about how many calories are in food, and trying to chose the lowest calories options I can. But, maybe I am still eating more than I think I am.

I have weighed about 123lbs most of my life, and then last summer and into the winter I gained a bunch of weight, topping out around 145lbs. I ate like crap over the summer, and then stopped climbing as much in the fall, so I think that's why. I started eating less, climbing more, and I got that down to the 125lbs where I am stuck right now. I did weigh 123lbs last week, but for some reason I am stuck at 125lbs for all of this week and have been for probably the last month and a bit.

Here is an example of what I eat in a day:
Breakfast: 3/4 cup unflavoured greek yogurt (about 110 cals) with fresh berries. Coffee with cream (70 cal)
Snack: cucumbers and cherry tomatoes and about 2tbsps of hummus.
Lunch: homemade lentil soup (around 300 cal)
Snack: an orange, or other piece of fruit, or around 100-200 cal in walnuts and pumpkin seeds (which I measure with a food scale to make sure I am not overdoing it).
Dinner: a big salad with arugula, spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, 1/4 or less of feta cheese (according to the package, 70 cal), 3 or 4 olives (30 ish cal according to the jar), and a tablespoon of vinaigrette (which I measure, 70 cal according to the jar).

Writing this out, I guess I have been measuring and using position control for my food except for fruits and vegetables. Maybe that's my problem.

I don't drink regularly unless it is a special occasion. I rarely eat out.

I am also finding that I feel pretty hungry - sometimes I need another snack before I start climbing (this extra snack is always fruit and either a very small amount of nuts or a protein bar for 150cal and only happens twice a week). I have been considering trying intermittent fasting - but my problem is that I leave the house at 6:30am and if I climb after school, I am not home until around 8:00pm and I am busy working and climbing that whole time without a break, so that makes getting dinner in before 8:00pm difficult if I go with the 12:00-8:00 split. I know I can tweak that time, but my lunch break is at 12:15pm and because I am a teacher, those 20 minutes are the only time I have to eat lunch and I can't change that. Do I start skipping breakfast, eating lunch at 12:15, and then packing dinner to eat before 8:00pm on days I climb? That makes me sad because my time in the morning to eat breakfast, drink coffee and read are my favourite part of my day, but maybe that has to go. Would that help? Or, is the answer to get over my fears and just start really strictly counting calories? I am just kidding myself and making excuses?

Thank you so much for any advice you might have and for reading this wall of text.

submitted by /u/thispointycactus
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2wXYTYF

No comments:

Post a Comment