Saturday, June 15, 2019

How to encourage wife to join me in weight loss

I posted this in r/relationship_advice a little while ago and some of the advice I got was impressively bad (lying to her, making her feel insecure about how attractive I would become). I’m hoping this group can provide some better suggestions.

My wife and I are both overweight and we’ve been so for over a decade. I don’t know how much she weighs but I’d say we’re probably about equal in the BMI range at this point and I’m classified as obese. She’s been saying for years that we need to do something about our weight and she’s told me how big I’ve gotten and how it’s concerned she is for my health. Something finally clicked a few months ago and I started counting calories with MFP. All my previous weight loss attempts have been with what I would call fad diets and I just couldn’t stay in them for the long term. I’ve been shocked at just how easy CICO has been and how well MFP has been working. Over the last few months I’ve lost around 10% of my starting weight.

I’d really like my wife to join me in this lifestyle change but she seems hesitant to start. She’s got various tracking apps, she’s tells me she wants to start counting calories, she even says she wants to start using her gym membership but it never happens. The only thing that does happen lately is junk food showing up in the house. It’s incredibly frustrating to me for a few reasons, first I now have an appreciation for just how many calories those snacks add up to and how much of a difference cutting some of them can make. Second I really like the food she’s bringing home and it’s incredibly tempting sometimes.

How do I gently encourage my wife to join me in weight loss and becoming healthy.

submitted by /u/notmyaltacount
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2MKztbt

No comments:

Post a Comment