Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Thought experiment: How much would you pay for a pill that magically made you a healthy weight?

My answer: $7-10k

Why I ask: I constantly turn away things that would make weight loss WAY easier because of the cost. But if I rolled all those costs together, they’d cost less than that magic pill. So maybe it’s worth saving up, and using that cash to make my weight loss process easier.

For example:

Fancy healthy salads: For some reason it’s “Healthy, delicious, cheap, pick two”

Kale Chips: Like 5 bucks, but save me from eating 500 more calories in snacks.

Pre-chopped fruits and veggies: Marked up far too much, but I’m much more likely to eat them.

Pilates classes: Super fun, but super expensive.

Everyone’s list is different. But if you’d save up for that magic pill, consider saving up for those healthy (but pricey) habits.

Edit: sounds like everyone disagrees! It's not worth paying a few extra dollars to make eating healthier more convenient, or to try a new healthy activity we might like. Glad we put that one to bed. Carry on!

submitted by /u/Musicmonkey34
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Z5HjxJ

No comments:

Post a Comment