Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Was feeling discouraged...

I have plateaued in my weight loss for the last two weeks or so and it's been really discouraging for me. I give up very easily on anything that I see no progress (see also why I have never become proficient at an instrument or any sort of skill) and was feeling very "what's the point?" on this whole weight loss thing. So I decided to take a step back and look at the big picture.

Yeah, I've plateaued for the last two weeks, but I'm down 15 lbs since January and it totally made me feel better. 25 (or 30) to go! Hopefully it won't take me until the end of the year to get another 15 lbs down, but I'm feeling more motivated today than I was yesterday. Small goals are good. I try to shoot for smaller goals overall as it keeps me from getting too discouraged, but it's good to also step back and observe the whole journey - where you began to where you are now.

My point? Don't let a plateau discourage you either. You can overcome them and continue on the path to your goals.

(Starting weight: 170, highest weight: 176, current weight: 155, goal: 130, stretch goal: 125, height 5'3")

submitted by /u/icanhaznaptime
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2I8MLKM

No comments:

Post a Comment