Saturday, August 10, 2019

1600 is not enough - hypoglycemia symptoms & need to eat so often

My whole life (dieting or not) I've had symptoms that seem similar to hypoglycemia (dizzy, angry, foggy headed, confused, headaches). I rarely feel hungry the way most people do - my signal for when it's time to eat are these other feelings. I do exercise (team sport 2x/week), but a sprint or long shift can make me super dizzy and I have to bench myself.

I've had blood tests for blood sugar and thyroid and everything comes back normal. Fine, I guess I just feel things differently.

BUT this means I often eat more than I should, to counter these symptoms (which are low key awful), even when I'm not trying to lose weight. Right now I'm trying to stick to 1550 cal/day (I'm 5'10), but the amount of small pick me ups I need through the day means I almost always go over. I usually am around 1850-2000, which is probably my maintenance value because I haven't budged on weight loss for a few months.

I keep a steady supply of snacks to counter a foggy spell, and try to make sure I have protein with every meal (min 80-100 g/day). I try to keep sugars down as much as possible.

I feel like I've trimmed everywhere I can, but I basically have to eat something substantial every few hours. Sometimes I feel so crappy in the evening, out of calories but so foggy headed I literally can't do anything unless I eat something.

Heres my normal day:

Breakfast - toast with no sugar added jam and PB2 peanut butter (low calorie but keep the protein).

Lunch - pork or chicken with roasted veggies, sometimes with rice.

Afternoon Snacks - peppers, cucumber crackers and cheese, rice cakes, plain yogurt

Dinner - depends on calories left and if I have evening sports. Chicken and veg, or sometimes just a protein bar and some berries, or a big salad with meat, or a wrap with cheese, or peanut butter toast.

Snacks - this is what does me in - sometimes I can't make it through the evening. Plain yogurt and berries, protein bars, veggies, crackers.

Does anyone have any advice, or has ever felt like this? I've lost 25 lb and want to lose another 30ish but I can't imagine restricting any more with all of this nonsense.

submitted by /u/OkVersion0
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33r6Q7w

No comments:

Post a Comment