Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Does anyone else have a hard time accepting weight loss compliments?

I don’t know if this belongs on here but I have been having some personal conflict with myself about this. I have started my second weight loss journey and I lost about 52 lbs so far, it is a great accomplishment and I felt great. However when the comment from strangers (people at work I have NEVER talked to) started complimenting me and saying “I looked good” made me feel very insecure. I knew I looked good but them telling me and noticing made me have the opposite effect to be honest. I realized that after hearing that people start noticing my weight loss I start sabotaging myself. I stopped working out and going back to my unhealthy eating habits.

Two months later and I feel that I’ve gained maybe 15-20lbs back. Honestly I feel I haven’t gained more because I’m actually conscious about it this time and not eating super bad, but I was still got going to the gym. About 4 years ago I started my first weight loss journey and lost about 65lbs but eventually gained it all back. I honestly dont want to go back to being really heavy, and it seems like I’m not really helping myself to getting to my goal, specially when people “congratulate” me on my weight loss.

Today for the first time in two months i went back to the gym, i just dont want to repeat this cycle again. Has anyone experienced this before or have any input would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/lunaluna664
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZJWJZw

No comments:

Post a Comment