Wednesday, August 7, 2019

What to do when everything is centered around food

For years now, I have made failed attempts at sustained weight loss, I am beginning the process of undergoing bariatric surgery to assist in making important lifestyle changes. As I mentally prepare and consider the challenges that will arise, I realize that SOO much of my family’s way of celebrating and partaking in tradition is focused on food. Birthdays are going out to a special dinner, holidays are centered around giant meals. In addition to this, I grew up loving to cook and really appreciating good food.

Right now, I’m trying to figure out how I can work around this. I’m worried about how I navigate remaining in the traditions and celebrations without over eating. I know that sounds silly, but it’s just how it is? Also, I’m uncertain if I’ll still be able to enjoy good food while only eating small portions of it. A lot of this screams dysfunctional eating, but that’s also why many of us get into the position of needing to reset our lifestyles. I could really use some advice/support/thoughts.

submitted by /u/sarahotpotato
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YvzLsp

No comments:

Post a Comment