Friday, August 2, 2019

Exercise fear

Okay, so I've been on a "weight loss journey" for about 3 months now and I'm down nearly 30lbs (sw 221, cw 194 5'7 22F). This is all by changing my diet with minimal exercise. I walk daily but rarely hit 10k steps and I do yoga when I feel like it (not often😫). I've never ever been someone who exercises, even in school PE I would sit and chat with friends instead of doing the exercise. I know I can continue losing weight just by maintaining the calorie deficit I'm in but the further I go on this journey the more and more I care about my health/fitness in general which is why I've scheduled a meeting with a local personal trainer. I'm going to see him on Monday to discuss the program/my goals etc but I am TERRIFIED to start. I've tried the gym and couldnt stick to it, I've tried couch25k and gave up after 3 weeks so my brain is saying "whats so different this time? you'll go twice then never again!" which is making me feel like I shouldn't even bother wasting the money trying (its not cheap). I'm also so scared of not being able to do any of the exercises. Like I say, I've NEVER exercised really so my fitness levels must be at absolute 0 and the thought of turning up to my group PT sessions and not being able to do anything makes me feel sick. I KNOW everyone has to start somewhere and I know I'll benefit from it and I'll learn lots as I progress and all that stuff but I'm just looking for some reassurance I guess? It's all very new and scary to me and I don't want to give up, I need to do this for my health. Help! 😭

submitted by /u/isabellaspotofbasil
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31cZHGg

No comments:

Post a Comment