Wednesday, August 7, 2019

I can no longer use the excuse "I'm too fat to fit" to get out of riding roller coasters

In the past 2 years I've gone from 310lbs to hovering below 240lbs. That's a tight size 22 in 2017 to squeezing into a size 16 now! I've been stagnate since around Christmas (depression and life stuff in general messing up my eating discipline) but I'm smaller and WAY more active than I was in high school 10 years ago, and just I'm supper happy that I'm not gaining.

Needless to say, that I've always been too big for roller coasters, and as I am terrified by heights/anything going upside down, I've been happy to use my fatness for getting out of being peer pressured to ride them. (Side note: my fear may also come from the fact that I was too big to ride a roller coaster in high school and was turned away after they failed to strap me in front of my classmates...I ran to the bathroom and cried. Definitely a repressed memory)

Fast forward to this summer, though I've been plateaued (WEIGHT LOSS STARTS IN THE KITCHEN YALL!) I've still lost significant inches since last year I guess. I can fit on baby roller coasters with a lap bar quite easily now. And I'm fine with smaller coasters like that where you don't have to be strapped in. At 27 years old I have never been on a roller coaster that goes upside down or has a loop because I've always been too big so why even try. There's a ride at Knott's Berry Farm called Hang Time (look it up) It's not crazy fast but it does have a 90 degree incline and a lot of loops and turns. My friends wanted to ride it, and of course I said "HELL NO" but I decided to keep them company in line. In that 40min wait, they wore me down and I said "Fine if I fit I'll get on and ride it with you" thinking that my fat ass wouldn't fit.

And guess what... I fit 😭 My stomach dropped in fear and anguish as soon as I was, for the first time ever, successfully strapped in. I had to actually face my fear, I wasn't even happy about this big accomplishment! As we went up that completely vertical incline then hung at the top, I shut my eyes, prayed to god and squeezed my friend's hands as tight as I could. Then the drop... and I felt free. I went on my first big kid roller coaster and it was fun!

My whole life I've hidden behind my weight to stay in my comfort zone, to protect my self. And now I'm realizing I can no longer do that, my fatness is no longer my limitation, my mindset is. I'm learning to try new things, challenge my self and GROW! I've been comfortable for so long, that I think I'm starting to realize I can no longer hide in the safety of my fatness. I'm plateaued because I'm scared (writing this story helped me realize that lol)

To reach our goals we have to leave our comfort zones, conquer our fears, try new exciting things! It's no longer a dream because we are working to make it reality!

submitted by /u/NeonTaterTots
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MFRQwO

No comments:

Post a Comment