Friday, August 2, 2019

"I F'ed Up" Friday (August 2, 2019)

(This post and future Friday posts are meant to highlight my mistakes in trying to find a healthy lifestyle, both in weight loss and healthy muscle gain. I have made many mistakes, so don't be like me and keep pushing back your weight/health goals due to errors in thought or practice.)

https://i.imgur.com/28EaDUd.jpg

Oops: I didn't continue to count calories after initially losing weight.

Yea that was an oops: I assumed that I could control my caloric intake with intuition and stop tracking calories. By doing so I started to snack more, eat larger meals, eat more "rewarding" meals assuming that I was working off those calories at the gym. This resulted in a rebound in weight loss and limited my health goals.

How I fixed it: I had to restart my meal protocol and get back into tracking every meal, big or small. Not only to instill the habit of calorie tracking, but to find those moments where I could indulge a little in a healthy manner. The idea is to enjoy eating and reward yourself, but to do so in a healthy manner that leads towards your health goals. It's incredibly important to hold yourself accountable for the calories you ingest and exhaust, but try not to be burdened by it. Doing so can lead to eating disorders such as binging, under eating, etc depending on your health goals. Have a healthy psychological relationship with food.

submitted by /u/myhealthmistakes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZvYGIM

No comments:

Post a Comment