Monday, August 12, 2019

I wanted to lose weight, so I bought a new scale - when I weighed myself the result made me break down. I need some advice because I really don’t know where to start.

Hello there Reddit. This is my first time on a weight loss subreddit, and over all I’m pretty clueless when it comes to losing weight. I’d really appreciate any advice you could give.

For reference, I’m a 23 year old 5’4” female and I weigh (ugh) 204lbs (about 92kg). I for the longest time thought I was at 180 because it’s been a while since I weighed myself. I know 180 isn’t much better, but to me being over 200 is devastating. I just got married in June and while my husband is very loving and has never criticized my weight, I have become very insecure since our wedding because I’m afraid of being a disappointment as a wife. (For the record he has told me many times that I am a wonderful wife and he’s happy with me, that whole thing is related to my own anxiety and not him.) When I saw the number on the scale I broke down crying. He was concerned and told me it couldn’t be that bad. I haven’t even told him the number because I’m so humiliated.

I have been “trying to lose weight” for a very long time. Many of the women in my family are overweight, and a nutritionist I saw in the past told me it would probably be a bit more difficult for me to lose weight than the average person. That’s fine, I can work with that. I just need to know where to begin. Obviously I need to eat better (I teach preschool and tend to snack all day), but working out tends to feel like an incredible strain (I almost threw up after 15 minutes on the elliptical), so I’m hoping to find a method of exercise that works its way up to being more rigorous if that makes sense?

I’m sorry if this is all rambling and nonsensical. I just worked out and feel like absolutely garbage and I’m desperate for advice. Thank you and again I’m sorry about the godawful formatting

submitted by /u/LittleBirdLady
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33uzBjI

No comments:

Post a Comment