Sunday, August 4, 2019

I’m not going to let 4 pounds become 40

Over this past year, I’ve lost roughly 60 pounds. I’m so proud of myself and my quality of life has gone up. However 2 weeks ago, I went on vacation with some of my friends and decided to take a break from calorie counting as well since it was only a weekend trip and I told myself that I’d get right back on track when I got home. The day I got home was my mom’s birthday so I thought that since I had been indulging all weekend, what was the harm in one more day? Ever since then, I haven’t been tracking or eating as well as I should. The night before I left for my trip, I weighed in at a new low-138.8 lbs. This morning I was 143 lbs.

I’m getting back on track today. I have come way too far to start going back the way I was before. If I start eating at my weight loss deficit again, I can be at my low weight again in about a month.

Yesterday, I went shopping for the first time in a long time. It was actually fun! I instinctively reached for xl tops. They didn’t fit. Neither did a large. I haven’t worn a medium shirt since middle school. But that’s what fits now, and even smalls depending on the brand! I reflected on how a year ago, nothing I liked fit me. And what did fit didn’t look good on me. Thinking of that experience made me realize that I’m at a point where I can keep down the path I’m on or I can start again today. Right now, a 4 lb gain is nothing but I won’t let these 4 lbs become 40. I never want to get back to the point where I was.

So today, I logged my breakfast and have been back meal prepping to stay in my calorie goals. Here’s to getting back on track and reminding myself that progress isn’t linear!

submitted by /u/graceonthecase
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2T5Hebz

No comments:

Post a Comment