Wednesday, August 14, 2019

is there a right mindset for weight loss?

Hey lovely people,

I've recently thought and read about how the "right" mindset can be of benefit for weight loss. For example someone wrote that one has to adapt a way of thinking that thin people have. That they do not constantly think about weight loss and that they naturally eat smaller portion sizes and make healthier food choices.

I'm technically not overweight but I would like to lose 10-20 pounds (yes I would still be in the healthy range) and last year I actually was 10 pounds lighter. I then was going through an emotionally challenging time and I had no time to think about food yet I ate somewhat healthy. I still remember how good I felt in my body, how my clothes would fit me better and how my skin was glowing. So albeit I was depressed, I felt more at ease with my physical state.

Therefore I now try to eat healthy all the time and track calories. Yet it is hard for me to maintain my past-self's mindset. I just had the idea that maybe I should not clinge to the old one but to create myself a new thinner future-self mindset. Does that even make sense?^^ Has anyone tried this psychological approach to weight loss before? Maybe in combination with meditation?

submitted by /u/florapalmtree
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KLoeLR

No comments:

Post a Comment