Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Feeling like I've failed

I'm hoping this great community can help me. I've been really successful with CICO since June. I've lost 23lbs and learned more about what my body needs to be the best me I can. My goal starting out was because I have 2 girls, 6 and 2, and I want to be here for them and be a positive role model. I want them to see a strong empowered woman and I want them to see me actively working to make myself better.

But I've messed up. I tried to keep myself talking about how I'm making myself strong, not skinny. I tell them I want to make myself feel good and not talking about being fat. Unfortunately, kids catch on to everything. Yesterday my 6 year old told me she doesn't want to gain weight or get bigger because she doesn't want to be fat.

The WHOLE reason I'm doing this is to be more body positive, but what's the point if it hurts them. I feel like I've failed just by trying.

Tldr: I tried to keep my weight loss positive, but my daughter caught on and now thinks gaining weight to grow makes her less.

submitted by /u/IAm-Shocked
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31DIt4Y

No comments:

Post a Comment