Wednesday, August 14, 2019

[SV] Finally under 200 lbs for the first time in over 2 years!

I’ve always been chubbier than my friends and classmates growing up, but I always attributed this to the fact that I was a lot taller than everyone else. That is, until I hit high school, and finally realized that not only was I “chubbier” than most everyone, I was pretty overweight.

I began high school somewhere around 170, and this slowly climbed higher and higher until I just about grazed 200 my senior year, despite no significant lifestyle changes and even becoming more active. I remember telling myself, “I may be fat, but at least I’m not 200 pounds!” Then my worst fears came true: towards the midpoint of my senior year, my weight finally topped off at around 220. I could barely fit into my dream prom dress (that had fit me perfectly a few months prior), and after numerous doctors visits I was nearly convinced that maybe this was just the way my body was built and nothing I could do would change that.

Once I went to college and started walking pretty much everywhere, I lost a little weight and kept bouncing back and forth between 208ish-215ish. Finally, the summer between my sophomore and junior years (this summer!) I switched to a new doctor, who actually took my concerns about my 50-pound weight gain seriously. She prescribed me an appetite suppressant/metabolism booster to jump-start weight loss, and told me I should lose up to 30 pounds in the 6 months she’s prescribing it to me, provided I change my diet and exercise habits as well.

Well, today, a month after I began taking it, I hit my first milestone and lost 10 pounds, putting me at just under 200 for the first time since my senior year of high school! I don’t feel like I’ve changed my diet super significantly, I just try to make healthier choices (less fried food, more veggies) and control my portion sizes a little better. I hope that the habits I’m trying to create now will help me to get to my final goal even when I’m off the medication. Only 19.4 pounds until my next mini-goal!

submitted by /u/MiyaDoesThings
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2N2JvTX

No comments:

Post a Comment