Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Only the gym can help me now

It's time. I can't avoid it any longer. After 8 months of really focusing on my diet, and feeling like it is finally under control, I've hit a major plateau. I also don't like the way I look (i.e. not toned), despite the weight loss so far. I know diet alone can't get me to where I want to be. I attribute a lot of my weight loss success to going slow and steady, and making incremental changes over time (progressed towards 1200/day + 16:8 IF + 10K steps per day). I'm going to do the same with the gym (looking to mainly lift). Today my goal was to just show up and be there for 30 minutes (preferably exercising). I did it! I lifted some heavy things and did squats, and now both legs and arms feel satisfyingly wobbly. My goal is to shoot for 30 minutes every other day, and build from there in terms of time and intensity.

I didn't take before/after pics for diet alone, because the number on the scale continued to affirm my progress. This time though, I'm going to take a picture now and will again in December to see what this whole exercising thing does to me ;-)

submitted by /u/FlappyMcBeakbag
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Z4fxFC

No comments:

Post a Comment