Saturday, August 10, 2019

Opinions on treat meals/days?

Just curious what everyone’s opinion is about this subject and why. I know a lot of people have strong feelings about it.

For me, I like to do a treat meal every weekend. I choose if I do it Friday or Saturday depending on my plans for the weekend. The reasons I do it are:

  1. If I “mess up” and overeat junk food on a day I wasn’t planning to, I have a tendency to beat myself up about it and have even given up weight loss regimes multiple times because of one or two little screw ups. I know if it is planned, I don’t feel guilty and I have no trouble going back to my healthier diet the next day.

  2. I say I have to do it Friday or Saturday for a few reasons. First of all, I do most of my socializing and therefore eating out or drinking on weekends. Second, I like knowing it’s coming at the end of the week as something I can look forward to. It keeps me from snacking on things I shouldn’t for the rest of the week. And third, I weigh myself every Friday morning m. When I see I’ve lost weight, I often will feel so great that I won’t even want to indulge THAT much because I want to keep the progress going.

I know some people don’t like it and say if you need a treat meal or day, then your diet is too limiting or isn’t sustainable. But for me, this just isn’t the case. I like it this way personally. And I can be flexible when I need to be, but overall this schedule works for me. So I’m not looking for a debate, just curious about all of your opinions and also if you DO choose to have treat days/meals, how you fit them into your lifestyle.

submitted by /u/mycatsagirl
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KBmdBQ

No comments:

Post a Comment