Saturday, August 10, 2019

What books would you recommend that encourage a healthy relationship with food and your body while also encouraging weight loss?

May sound like an odd request, but I’ve always wanted a self help book about loving my body and learning to love eating in a non binge / restrict way, but I’ve always avoided those books in fear that they wouldn’t let me “lose weight”. That is, I wanted a book that said “you should love your body because XYZ, and it’s okay to love it into change” and not a book that said losing weight = inherently messed up relationship with your body.

I’ve read eating in the light of the moon, and I really loved it but I also felt like it was the sort of book I could use lines from for OTHER people when they shit on their bodies. For me, my self hate for my body as it stands runs to deep for that to work.

Also, I don’t want those self-hating books that describe your eating disorder or weight loss struggle as though it were a “pig” like this stupid book I once read that was just 400 pages of the author describing binging as a pig inside you smh.

It’s 3AM, and I just binge ate 4 Pb&honey sandwiches because I was feeling depressed and empty, and I really realized just how messed up my relationship with food and body is. I keep saying I will “fast” away these cravings and mentality, but I know deep down I am masking an eating disorder with a health technique (fasting) that should only be utilized by those who already have a healthy relationship with food.

I want to lose the last 50 pounds, I really do. But I don’t know how if I will constantly trick myself into believing the crazy gymnastic conspiracy theories I set up for myself to do various diets. I want a book that will deeply convince me that I can change my relationship with food and my body and still lose weight. I don’t want to fear recovery because I think it’ll mean I won’t lose weight.

Does this make sense?

submitted by /u/115goal
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YWAHp0

No comments:

Post a Comment