Friday, August 9, 2019

Over-ate the past few days... and I'm not panicked

Normally after overeating I get so stressed out and I'm so hard on myself(this is why you dont have a bf, you're never going to accomplish your goals, why dont you have any restraint). But this time I enjoyed my food and I went on a walk, did some yoga, and I'm ready to start again tomorrow.

I ate an extraordinary amount today, but I also got to spend time with my best friend, try the impossible whopper, grab dinner with my dad, ran 6 miles, and while I'm not proud of my food choices, I dont feel impending doom because of it. It feels good to just be like "welp, that happened" and know it didnt significantly hinder me.

I feel like my relationship with food is (slowly) improving and I know this might be an unpopular opinion but I think a lot of it is due to exercise. This is going to sound cheesy af, but I feel more connected to my body. I know I need food to move and build muscle and endure my runs, and quality food too. I also know if i overeat it will be stored as fat, but my body is just doing it's job and it isnt a punishment for overeating. I trust myself more to bounce back. I dont feel guilty.

I feel like a lot of my posts have been negative because this entire weight loss journey has been such a strain on my mental health, but here's some positivity.

submitted by /u/royalmouse1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YYFF0q

No comments:

Post a Comment