Thursday, August 8, 2019

[SV/NSV] Lessons from One Month CICO/IF (21F 5’2” | 132.8lbs > 121.6lbs)

Too shy for pics still, but today marked 4 weeks since I started IF and CICO again, and went from 132.8 to 121.6lbs! I’ve been trying to lose weight on and off for almost two years now, but this was probably my most successful streak. Didn’t stick to any one particular routine, but here’s what I did:

(1) I ate cleaner (minimize sugar, try to avoid empty carbs, minimize alcohol) and restricted calories compared to previous habits. Tried to avoid processed foods in general, ate more greens, drank more water. Soon the cravings for sugar and carbs fade.

(2) Logged everything! Even on days when I’d “mess up” or “treated myself” - this has been really key in keeping disciplined and sticking to the routine, seeing progress.

(3) IF (intermittent fasting), mixing it up between 16/8, 18/6, 20/4, and one or two 24+ hour fasts if feeling good. Gonna eventually settle with one that works best for my lifestyle once school starts, but it’s all getting easier. I feel more focused, and there are non scale benefits like feeling more rested, less bloating, etc. I recommend people check out the IF subreddit if interested!

(4) Exercise. Not too much honestly. I had a very sedentary lifestyle, office job. But tried to fit in 2-4 sessions of ~30-45 mins of light/moderate cardio per week.

(5) Trust the process (any Sixers fans?). Really. It’s a process, and don’t let any one day or random fluctuation in the scale deter you from seeing the overall progress. You have to be patient. Honestly I personally can’t see a HUGE difference in the mirror too clearly yet, but clothes do fit better, skin is clearer, and most importantly, I’m feeling more confident and proud. For me, this was a time where I realized weight loss is tied to self care - progress in one leads to progress in the other. Excited to see how far I can go, on the scales and off, especially with a more focused fitness routine!

submitted by /u/powof9
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YBi4aX

No comments:

Post a Comment