Thursday, August 8, 2019

Weight loss made my personality shine through

I've been dissatisfied with my appearance for a while, so in January (like many people) I decided to do something about it! I didn't actually start doing anything about it until March, but better late than never.

I went from 6'1" 220lbs to 6'1" 185 in 2 months.

I felt proud that I could make the conscious effort to take control of my appearance, but I didn't stop there. From May to August, I've gone from 185 to 195 muscle growth and I have never felt better about my appearance.

I've always had broad shoulders, but now they really pop. My jawline is more defined and I couldn't believe how important face gains are to my self confidence. I also kind of enjoy watching my bicep contract when I pick things up. And my legs? Oh lord, believe me, I didn't skip leg day. Glute workouts seem to be my favorite and my inability to squeeze my newly found rear into my pants shows it.

Suddenly, I was a different person. I was confident, funny, outgoing, and I could talk to anyone like we were fast friends. I made a new friend and upon meeting their friend group, I had no problem being sociable. It truly is a different world when you're confident in yourself.

My voice improved when I realigned my posture and (from what I can tell), I no longer snore. I've never had an issue with being in front of crowds, but now I actually enjoy it and don't mind making a fool of myself in public.

The thing is, none of the positivity I've recieved has been about my appearance. This whole time, I was holding myself back because I wasn't confident. I thought other people saw me as the person I saw myself as, but really they respond more to how I act than how I look. Who I am now is who I've always been, but I've just been so focused on my appearance I forgot to let it show

submitted by /u/kreynlan
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2GUQ3QK

No comments:

Post a Comment