Friday, August 9, 2019

Tips on overcoming a weight loss plateau?

January 1st of this year I weighed 235 pounds. I decided I needed to make a change when my friends and I decided to go skydiving and it cost me nearly $100 extra due to how much over 200 pounds I weighed. I bought a Fitbit Charge 3 and a Renpho Bluetooth scale and started my journey.

I biked to and from work (2 miles each way) 5-6 days a week, minus torrential downpour days. I ran 3-5 times a week, and lifted 3-6 times a week. I used the Fitbit calorie tracker and set my intake goal for 1,000 calories below what I burned every day.

Following that regimen, as of July 19th I was down to 205, having lost 30 pounds. Great right? The only problem is, as of this morning I weigh 204.8 pounds.

I haven’t changed anything about my regimen, I have only been over my goal calorie count once in the last 3 weeks, and if anything have been working out more. Yet I still haven’t even lost half a pound in nearly 3 weeks, which is very disappointing after averaging over a pound lost per week. According to my RENPHO scale, my fat free body weight is 174.2, so I know I have the room to lose.

Any tips on how people overcame this plateau? For those who are going to say “Heart rate calorie counters often exaggerate calories burned”, I know that which is why my goal is set for 1,000 under what it says burned, fully expecting its closer to 500-750 under, and it obviously worked for me for nearly 7 months so I don’t know why it’d stop working now

Also, the stagnation of weight loss is not due to the building of muscle, as my Renpho scale tracks muscle mass too and it has risen less than 1 pound in the last 3 weeks. Same with body water

For info: I’m 6’2”, 14.1% body fat my goal weight is 190, under 12% body fat

submitted by /u/LiptonPeachIceTea
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MSJr9w

No comments:

Post a Comment