Sunday, August 11, 2019

Took 2.5 years to lose 30lbs, it may be slow going but I KNOW that I will never go back to how I use to be

Progress photo: https://imgur.com/a/mA80gcb

I started my weight loss journey on January 2017 at 181 lbs (I am 5'1" for reference). I was never this size as a teen. I was athletic and ran track & field. However after college, my weight slowly went up and down. After that I got to my heaviest from getting too comfortable in my relationship (now fiance) and running a business (now closed). I was unhappy with myself, my failures and was feeling depressed.

Finally after taking a good honest look at myself and feeling angry for letting myself go, I took my weight loss journey more seriously. I started counting calories and went to the gym 3-4 times a week. At first I was doing random stuff like cardio on the elliptical machine and some free weights. However it wasn't until I touched the barbell doing StrongLifts 5x5 (squat, deadlift, bench, overhead press) and lifting heavy that I began noticing body changes.

I also signed up for my first 5km race that year. At first I was unable to run 5min without stopping out of breath. Today I am capable of running 12-14km and training for the Rock n Roll half marathon in September 2019.

I am also training for first Spartan Trifecta. This year I have already completed the Spartan Spring and Super. The Beast is coming up in a month.

My journey for self betterment is ongoing. I love how strong I am getting with each day at the gym or outside running. Diet also plays an important role. For me it's calories in / calories out and being mindful of getting in enough protein.

Currently I am maintaining between 151-153lbs. I still want to lose another 15-20lbs and just build a lean and muscular physique. I just want to be strong, healthy and active well into my 80's.

edited to add link to photos

submitted by /u/iamphu
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KuRUhu

No comments:

Post a Comment